A Perfect Pantry
Homemade Baked Beans in the Pressure Cooker
- PREP TIME
- COOK TIME
- READY TIME
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 smoked pork hock sliced off the bone and diced
- 3 cans cannellini or white beans drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 brown onions diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In the Kambrook Pressure Express Pressure Cooker, turn the dial to Sauté function, and heat the oil in the cooker housing.
- Add the diced onion and pieces of pork hock to the cooker housing, and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Lock the lid in place. Turn the dial to setting 3.
- Remember, once the dial has returned to the Off position, allow the pressure cooker to drop in temperature for around 10 minutes before releasing the pressure valve. When removing the lid, tilt it away from you to allow any excess stream to escape.
This recipe was developed using a Kambrook Appliance.